About Me

My photo
Jesus has captured my heart... I'm a 'there's always a silver lining' kind of girl. I love making people laugh & smile and seeing people reach their dreams.

Friday 3 June 2011

The List: Thing 2


I found the above photo here and just fell in love with it. As I am doing an item about the things I love call The List I thought that this would be a great section banner as it shows three things I love: photography, the sky and Love. Oh and I'm partial to silhouettes too so really it's four things and that means it is just perfect for this blog segment. And now, on with the show...

Introducing the newly found List banner is rather apt for today's thing as I want to talk about photography.
I don't know what it is about it that I just love but for the past few years now my love for it has grown. About two years ago now, my sister Lottey was bought a semi-professional camera for her photography A-level course and ever since I have taken every opportunity to steal it and have a play. She is still  so much better than me obviously (she did study it for two years!) so all her photos are much better then mine but I do it because I have fun doing it not because I want to be great - although that would be pretty swell too.

I think it's the way you can show so much, or even so little, through a single shot. I love digital photography as it's so quick and simple but as a kid I remember sending off a film/disposable camera and having to wait for weeks for it to be developed but then the moment you got the little envelope and you could see whether or not your shots came out/were any good. I kind of miss that. What I might do to sort of get that feeling again is to order a load of digital prints online and then wait till they come through, that would be pretty cool.

Some photographers I love are:
Charlotte Grant
Dean Sherwood
Tom Leishman
TSO Photography
David Spearing (he's also a filmographagician)

There are so many more as well but I don't have the space to put them all in. There are two main websites I use for photos for anything I do or even just to look for some amazing photos and they are tumblr.com and weheartit.com Check them out they are fab! (And whilst you on tumblr check out mine: cherry-face.tumblr.com #ShamelessPlug )

No comments:

Some one once told me "the grass is much greener on the other side" 'til further notice I'm in between. From where I'm standing the grass is green