About Me

My photo
Jesus has captured my heart... I'm a 'there's always a silver lining' kind of girl. I love making people laugh & smile and seeing people reach their dreams.

Wednesday 3 December 2008

"Who Cares?
William Booth

On one of my recent journeys, as I gazed from the coach window, I was led into a train of thought concerning the condition of the multitudes around me. They were living carelessly in the most open and shameless rebellion against God, without a thought for their eternal welfare."
Journal of Aggressive Christianity Issue 4,
December 1999 - January 2000

As Soon as I read this I thought about a girl in my college class, and all of them I guess, but one girl in particular. Hannah and i are 'working on her' but some times it feels like we're not getting anywhere from the things she's doing and saying. She has told us that she is "sort of searching but I'm not sure if I really want to know because I like the way I am most of the time." She has so much she could give and there is so much more God could giver her if she would just take Him into her life and her heart. I really feel that god has imparted upon me some of His heart - I know (in part as completely I recon could probably..yes I'm being literal here.. kill me) how it feels for God to not have His children love him and need him in return. So many times I have had my heart broken for His people. It's not just a feeling but there's actually physical pain. It feels like my heart is being ripped in two; and when God has broken it, it's usually just for one or maybe on the odd occasion two people for a short period of time before He puts my heart back together again. Yet our Lord Father God has it all the time for everyone who does not love him in return. I'm sure that if people could only feel what I do when He brakes my heart for them they would have no choice but to repent and turn to him. They would know the immenseness of His love, grace and mercy. It would blow their minds to know that some one out there feels, and has felt, so incredibly for them though they themselves have not cared for/about or even acknowledged the existence of the one loving them.

Any way. I just wanted to right that down before I forgot it so now I will get back on with reading the rest or Jacob's post. x

No comments:

Some one once told me "the grass is much greener on the other side" 'til further notice I'm in between. From where I'm standing the grass is green