About Me

My photo
Jesus has captured my heart... I'm a 'there's always a silver lining' kind of girl. I love making people laugh & smile and seeing people reach their dreams.

Friday 7 November 2008

The star breather became the cross bearer.

Psalm 33:6 - "By the breath of the LORD the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their hosts." (English Standard Version)
All he had to do was breathe and the wondrous stars were made, like the Whirlpool Galaxy (pictured at the side) were made. The little Cross at the bottom of the photo is in the middle of the black hole that the Hubble telescope found to be in the center of the Whirlpool Galaxy. Firstly WOW! And secondly how small - in a good way - does that make you feel? Just that alone astounds my understanding of God. He breathed Jesus' death into the sky, it's up there over us singing God's glory and magnificence.

The Switchfoot song Stars really speaks of how how looking at the stars makes me feel, I really and truly see God's awesomeness in the stars. The goes like this:
Maybe I've been the problem
Maybe I'm the one to blame
But even when I turn it off and blame myself
The outcome feels the same
I've been thinking maybe I've been partly cloudy
Maybe I'm the chance of rain
And maybe I'm overcast
And maybe all my luck's washed down the drain
I've been thinking 'bout everyone,
Everyone you looks so lonely
But when I look at the stars
When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars, I see someone else
When I look at the stars
The stars, I feel like myself

Stars looking at a planet
Watching entropy and pain
And maybe to start to wonder
How the chaos in our lives could pass as sane
I've been thinking 'bout the meaning of resistance
Of a hope beyond my own
And suddenly the infinite and penitent
Begin to look like home
I've been thinking about everyone
Everyone you looks so empty
But when I look at the stars
When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars, I see someone else
When I look at the stars
The stars, I feel like myself.
Yeah!

Everyone, Everyone feels so lonely
Everyone, yeah everyone feels so empty
When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars
When I look at the stars, I feel like myself
When I look at the stars
The stars, I see someone...

So the part of this song that I love the most is the chorus. I really do feel like myswelf when I
look at the stars, I feel like I AM Niki, at that moment I am who the LORD our God made me to be.

Okay here's another thign that blows my mind every time I hear about it/ see it/ think about it: LAMANIN. This is what Yahoo Answers says it is "Lamanin is basically a protein in the extracellular matrix that helps hold together epithelial tissue cells - it's part of the stuff that basically hold us together." So what this means is that if we did not have this 'glue' called Lamanin holding us together we wouldnt be able to exsist. And why does this blow your mind I hear you ask. Well it completely, 100% rocks my socks because of its structure...
Yup...it's the shape of the cross. And this is what an actual lamanin molecule looks like:
And that is what I will leave you with...

4 comments:

Nicola said...

okay so when i posted it stars had the verses and chorus seperate but every time i try and change it it stays the same. grrrrrr! x

Nicola said...

Also, I have just realised that I have tagged Collosians but have not said anything about... Will probs do a whole new post about it as quite frankly I can't be naffed to right now. :]. x

MissHarwood said...

:)
Thats crazy!
I didn't know anything about that...
The Lamanin thing just completely encourages me and blows my mind too!

Nicola said...

every time i hear it im like WOW!
x
do you wanna borrow the dvd?

Some one once told me "the grass is much greener on the other side" 'til further notice I'm in between. From where I'm standing the grass is green